Attorney says Jamarcus Glover was offered plea deal to name Breonna Taylor as co-defendant

Jamarcus Glover, a central figure in the Breonna Taylor case, pleaded not guilty to several drug charges Friday.LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WAVE) - Louisville lawyer Sam Aguiar, one of the attorneys representing Breonna Taylor’s family, said local law enforcement had tried to offer Taylor’s ex-boyfriend a plea deal in exchange for him naming Taylor as a co-defendant in a drug case.
A convicted drug trafficker, Jamarcus Glover was arrested on new drug charges just last week. Also last week, WAVE 3 News reported the revelation of new documents that painted a picture of a close relationship between Glover and Taylor. The documents included transcriptions of recorded jailhouse conversations between Glover and Taylor, as well as conversations between Glover and another woman, whom he told Taylor was holding money for him.
Taylor was shot dead by Louisville Metro Police Department narcotics officers raiding her home on March 13. Her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, fired a shot at the officers, thinking they were intruders, prompting the officers to return fire. Taylor was shot five times and died on the floor of her hallway.
Just minutes before the Taylor raid, another LMPD narcotics unit raided a suspected drug house on Elliott Avenue in Louisville’s Russell neighborhood. Glover was arrested in that raidFor his part, Walker was charged with attempted murder of a police officer, and because Jefferson County Commonwealth Attorney Tom Wine was investigating Walker, he recused his office from the Taylor death investigation. Wine would later drop that charge against Walker.
Aguiar published a Facebook post Monday, accusing Wine of smearing the name of a woman shot dead in her home.
WARNING: Facebook post below includes explicit language.
He said the plea offer, which Glover rejected, was made on July 13, exactly four months after Taylor was killed..Jeremy was earlier accused of raping a 25-year-old woman at a home in West Hollywood in May 2014. He is also charged with raping a 33-year-old woman and sexually assaulting a 46-year-old woman on separate occasions at a West Hollywood bar in 2017 and raping a 30-year-old woman at the same bar last July, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office.
The new charges span a 16-year period. The charge involving a 15-year-old girl stems from a June 2004 party in Santa Clarita where she was allegedly assaulted by Jeremy, prosecutors said. 
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said a two-year investigation led to the charges. 
If convicted as initially charged, Jeremy could face a potential maximum sentence of 90 years to life in state prison, according to the District Attorney's Office. It was not immediately clear how the new charges affect sentencing. 
The counts make Jeremy the third man to be charged, along with Harvey Weinstein and producer David Guillod, by a task force formed by District Attorney Jackie Lacey in 2017 to investigate sexual misconduct in the entertainment industry. Guillod has also pleaded not guilty. Weinstein is in prison in New York and has not been arraigned in Los Angeles, but has repeatedly denied engaging in any nonconsensual sexual acts.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.